The Knock



The Knock 

by Marsha Marie


I hear a knock at the door. 

I roll my eyes. Another solicitor, I thought.

I gently look thru the peephole and see no one there. 

But I hear a whisper. 


Open. Open. 


Who are you? I say. I need nothing today. 


Open. Open. The whisper increases. 

Look inside and you will know who I am. 


No. No. I want nothing today. ....Well, maybe just a touch. Just a feeling of warmth against my body. But you cannot. I cannot. 


Open. Open. The whisper snickers. You invited me over. Why else would I have come?


I wonder who I so unknowingly beckoned? Is it my lover that I have been longing for?


Open. Open and find out. 


I stretch out my hand and turn the nob. My heart is racing. I open the door just enough to peek.

His scent rushes in as a whirl and envelops me, and I begin to fall. 

Deeper and deeper. A sensual purple dances around me. The whisper booms thru my body and my heart saying:


I am here. I love you. I will never leave you again. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar's Song

The Taboo Kiss

A Stone