Dreams



There is a Pakistani saying: Medi goi khab aiyai? (Did I have a dream?)

Well, yes actually, I have several dreams. And it's true that some of them I have absolutely no idea how I will fulfill any of them. For instance one of my dreams is to have a movie made of my story. Wow, imagine me on the big screen!! Okay, not me personally, but either Melissa McCarthy or Drew Barrymore. I guess I will leave that decision to the big-time-producers.

And then I have the dream of my Sandi Sweet Coloring Book series to be in every Children's hospitals and domestic violence shelter across the nation; bringing a ray of peace and tranquility to those who are suffering the most.

And then there's the dream of putting Bangles: My True Story of Escape, Adventure and Forgiveness in every domestic violence shelter library in the world. I know, that is a very tall order, isn't it? Well, how would I even begin to do this? A professional acquaintance of mine suggested that I take my dream to the public, and create a Go Fund Me account to help fund it. So I did. A few days ago, I created a campaign for $500.00. This  money will go directly to the purchase and shipping of hard copies of Bangles to be sent to shelters and domestic violence centers around Arizona; I felt that would be a great beginning for me. I want to do whatever I can to be an inspiration to other men and women who may be suffering from domestic violence as I once did.

You know what? I am not worried if the funds are raised or not; I just know that I am striving each and every day to reach these dreams and more; I will never give up and that is all that matters!

Dreams are real; and dreams are made to be shared. Thank you for being in my dream today.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Taboo Kiss

Liar's Song

Am I in Love With a Memory?