A Call for a Butterfly Truce



Dearest Changed Butterfly,


I watched you from afar as you went into flight. You were so effortless it seemed--your beauty unveiled for all to see. Your soft wings brushed up against the sky’s cheek with grace. God himself painted each and every of your population's wings; as if to carry a Morse Code of his love to all of the Earth. Your flutters kissed the air and the strings of my heart since the day I was a child.

Yet, when I come to approach you the other day, you changed. Do you remember this weekend when I wanted to kiss you back? Something happened. You turned into a demon? Why? What happened to you? You fluttered about attacking me as if you had some vengeance to settle with me?

Look butterfly menace. I want to settle this once and for all. Forgive my short-comings that I may have and let's move on in life. I want to be able to come to you and embrace your beauty that has been bestowed upon you. What do you say? Can we call it a truce? I love you, and I want my children and their children to enjoy your flutters of love and forgiveness.

Patiently awaiting,
Marsha






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar's Song

The Taboo Kiss

ASK ME ANYTHING -- Q & A