Today's Song



Today's Song
by Marsha Marie


childhood memories
cards of chance
young puppy love 
yellow locks 
gunshots ring out
devastation for me
your voice asking where
forever in my ear

dirt love play
school everyday
dark backseat 
innocence complete
teenage love 
a new dawn begins
the sky changes color
my chest beating no end

pledge undying love in a song
a songbird i came along
our names entangled making love on the page
but life had other plans to engage

a fatal decision
a park a catalyst of non-bliss 
my love betrayed you
my eyes gone adrift
never forgotten your name
i live now only with shame
i wonder what might have been 

but in silence i sit
i dream
i care

the long road now holds his hand
the moon calls his name
haunted of my tune long gone
my heart disfigured with pain
loneliness i eat
regret my choice of drink
alone forever i'll stay

your voice a feather passing by
your laugh
a reason i cry
pass me a smile
tease me today
longing for the ring imagined

oh you just know 
our hearts still tethered
a cancer uncured
goodbye today
this veil i shall forever endure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar's Song

The Taboo Kiss

Am I in Love With a Memory?