Dear Me

 

Dear Me 

by Marsha Marie 


Dear Me, 

I know that at the time you are reading this letter you are only 17, and you think that you have all of the answers for everything. Well, you don't and you are about to make some of the biggest mistakes of your life.

You may be wondering who I am, and how it is that I know so much about you. Well, I am you from the future. No seriously though! Yeah, you’re right, I did watch Back to the Future way too many times, but yea, I'm your future-self. So listen carefully. No, seriously, you have got to listen to me.  

Soon you will meet a man that will change your life. His name is Tom. He will charm you, and convince you to do things that you will wish you had never done. (Don’t worry, no one else will find out what you did, but you will deeply regret those things.) You will fall head over heals and fall for the stupid shit that he says! He will convince you to marry him, and you will leave the country with him. Yep, that’s right, you are going to leave Montana, and end up in a small village on the other side of the world.

No need for too many details right now. Actually, this trip will be one of the most incredible experiences of your life. Not Tom so much, but the place you go live with him. That place will change you to the very core. Change the way you live, love and see the world.

But even in all of the experience in this new life, your heart will ache for a baby. A child to love and to care for. And life will bring you one, and you will name him, John. He will be the sweetest little darling in the world, and you will fall madly in love with him.

But, sadness will come shortly after. And that is why I am writing to you today. 

Have you ever thought to yourself that you wish you could turn back time. We have that chance now. I will tell you what to do. 

Tom will turn on you. You will know by that time the many depraved things that he is capable of doing. There will be a day you finally feel you are strong enough to break away from this his satanic hold. On that day, I want you to kill Tom, instead of leaving him. Do not think for even a minute that you will be able to work things out with him. It will not happen! And absolutely, do not leave your new baby with him for a day. He will stab you in the back. He doesn’t care about you or your baby. 

Instead, I want you to call Abdul. He will know what to do. He will keep you safe. Just be strong my dear! Be strong enough to do what you have to do. Trust me. The world will be a better place. Your world will be a better place.

Okay. So, I know you must be confused. You’re probably thinking, why would I send a message to myself in the past to kill someone? Well, let me tell you where I am today. I mean, where you are in the future, today. 

I sit here in a small room writing this letter to you. I trace the face of John in the only picture I have of him. We are alone. We are old, and we think. We think about what happened everyday. Reliving the day that bastard took him away from us. Yes, the tears have dried up, but the cutting pain in your heart never will. 

Imagine going through life wondering; where John is. How is he doing? Is he eating? Is he safe?  You cannot live thru that torture. Don’t let your baby go thru that torture. John needs you.

Do what you need to do, Annette. Don’t be afraid. You can stop your family from being torn apart. 

Love, Annette


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar's Song

The Taboo Kiss

A Stone