Prison Break Review, S-5, E-1



Finally! The season that I have been waiting for---Prison Break, Season 5! I was so thrilled that I just had to blog about it tonight. SPOILER ALERT: If you have not seen this episode yet, STOP READING HERE. 

Okay, now that I have warned you. First let me start by saying this: I love the cast, and none of my comments are towards them at all, matter of fact, I am really happy to see them bring it back for one final season, and to see Wentworth Miller and Domonic Purcell both as producers---awesome and congrats guys.  

Secondly, I should explain how big of a Prison Break fan I am. I started watching it when it first came out many years ago. I instantly fell in love with the Micheal Scolfield character, and the romantic story line of him and Dr. Sara Tancredi. I have made it a ritual that every year, I binge-watch the entire four seasons from beginning to end. (My kids cringe that time of year. They say, "really mom, Prison Break again?" ) Well, it's true that season 4 is difficult to stomach at times; I usually end up spring cleaning the house while it's on so that I do not have to pay full attention to it, (that is, up to the last four episodes anyway). 

So as I was saying, everyone that knows me well, knows that I love this show. No sex scenes, no nudity and just enough violence to make it interesting. One of my students in UAE, even gifted me the entire show on CD (which I still have by the way).  And let me tell you, that I still cry on the final episode when Michael dies.....still man after all of these years and the hundred times I have seen the show. (and now to those of you out there that are thinking that I should get a life....don't worry...I do..😇.haha).



Now about episode one. I was absolutely glued to my seat. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. I was utterly shocked when they opened the show with that sick bastard T-bag. God, couldn't we kill his character off by now? T-bag was insufferable during season 4, and now to start the new season with him again is mind numbing?

<long sigh>

The next scene was even worse, when they showed Lincoln being the same loser that his brother tried to so hard to get him out of in the first place. Really? Running from people you owe money to? Again? What the fuck Burrows---grow up for god's sake. What happened to your girlfriend and the scuba diving thing you had going on? Enormous disappointment there. 

Then we get to see Sara. It was nice to see that she had remarried, which sounded believable to me; but I am still a bit confused how she got back into the States and living a free life; what happened to the murder charges she was in jail for when Micheal helped her escape? (Hello? What about me???? I couldn't do that.) And then the show goes back to T-bag again; so lets just say, the first 25 minutes were not like the previous FOX quality, but I stayed glued because I was waiting for our beloved Micheal to enter the picture. 

Apparently Micheal is being held in Yemen prison. A picture of him is sent to fucking T-bag--of all people--and someone is offering to replace T-bags hand with some robotic experimental upgrade (again more story line with T-bag in it. Gross! ..........but still watching for Michael). 

After Burrows digs up Michael's grave and finds it empty, he decides to go down to Yemen to find his brother. Burrows is set up and almost killed only minutes after his plane lands (I thought that was funny--if anything.) Then like an total bloody idiot he gives his passport away, just so he can get into the prison to see his brother. (okay, I cannot even comment on how stupid that was). 

Then finally, we see Michael walking towards his brother, and with a blank look says, "I don't know who this Micheal is." (Oh crap,,,, what happened to Micheal??? I was not expecting that.) Micheal also has these strange Illuminati tattoos on the palms of his hands and seems to be cut off emotionally. (Brainwashing maybe???)

<sobbing noises>

Micheal,,,,,what happened to you?????? Wake up! We need the plan to get you out of that god-forsaken prison!!!!!!! 

I cannot wait for the next episode!!! 

Pssst: I hope robo-T-bag gets stuck to some big ass magnet somewhere, but something tells me we are in for more of him for sure. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar's Song

The Taboo Kiss

ASK ME ANYTHING -- Q & A